Tuesday, July 7, 2009

By Chadsey’s Cairn 2008 Muscat - $21.80

I just spent the last 5 days up north, Pine Island near North Bay to be exact, and I had to keep asking myself "Where is Summer?" We had one day with about 3 hours in the 20's (that's about 70 for all my American readers) the rest was cool and breezy - which means no bugs, but very little sunshine. Had I had a bottle of this with me I would have been able to open summer with the simple pop of a cork.

The Tasting Notes: Beautifiul smells come from the glass – tropical fruit, floral, grapy sweetness, hints of lemonade and some delicious apple. The taste doesn’t complicate things, grapy-citrus-tropical sweetness with some great apple sensations. The perfect patio sipper. The only thing that stops this wine from getting a 5-star rating is the short finish. Price: $21.80 – Rating: ****½

I am thrilled to announce that as of February 24, 2009, each Podcast has its own unique player - so you can listen to whichever Podcast you want to. So without further ado I will leave you with this week's Podcast, or if you decide not to check out the new format you can read the tasting notes below ... I recommend the Podcast, of course.

No comments: