Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Kawartha Country Wines 2008 Shiro Plum - $9.80

4I tried this wine at the Archibald Fruit Wine and Food Festival and I would have to say I was very impressed, even if I have no idea what a Shiro plum is.

The Tasting Notes: According to John Rufa, owner and winemaker at Kawartha Country, the Shiro has a very bitter skin but a really sweet middle – and that’s exactly what he’s going for in this wine a sweet mid-palate with a tart finish – and he’s accomplished it nicely. Price: $9.80 – Rating ****

I am thrilled to announce that as of February 24, 2009, each Podcast has its own unique player - so you can listen to whichever Podcast you want to. So without further ado I will leave you with this week's Podcast, or if you decide not to check out the new format you can read the tasting notes below ... I recommend the Podcast, of course.


No comments: