Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rosehall Run 2006 Pinot Noir (Rosehall Vineyard) - $29.95

Dan Sullivan, owner and winemaker of Rosehall Run in Prince Edward County, continues his impressive run as a pioneering winemaker in the county. I found this Pinot to be pure heaven, from the snout clean on down to the gullet; even the light red colour is enticing. Beautiful smoky-vanilla-red fruit greet the nose – nothing overpowering, just sweet and subtle. In the mouth there are cherries of all varieties (black, red, sweet, sour) and they just kick right in, there’s also a slight tart cranberry background and a steady seam of vanilla oak. I shouldn’t fail to mention the sour cherry finish that lingers for quite a-piece after you swallow; and the just-right amount of tannins; no shaving your tongue after this one. I’d say it’s one of my favourite Pinots I’ve ever had, it had great throw-your-head-backability as you take sip after sip, and drink glass after glass.

No comments: