Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Lailey Vineyard 2005 Riesling - $13.95

For the second time Lailey appears in our weekly wine notes – not because I don’t think they deserve a newsletter spotlight – but because they make wine in limited quantity and I want to alert you to some great wines that you’d otherwise probably miss out on if I slotted them into one of the next available spots in a newsletter. Whatever my reasoning, you’ll thank me once I tell you about this one. Great acidity and mouth-filling are two words I could use to describe this wine – but there is so much more to it than just that. Derek Barnett (winemaker of Lailey) really knows how to make a Riesling that is both dry but tastes sweet – this one is truly an experience. Deep rich flavours, mouth-coating feel ... apples, peach, lime and mango on the nose and it follows right through on the taste - best part of all, it stays there - lick your cheeks and you taste it again, lick your lips and yup, it's still there ... absolutely scrumptious. Available at the winery only.

No comments: