Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Niagara College Teaching Winery Autumn Gold (Crab Apple) - $9.95

Here’s a wine that I tried with a friend in the middle of last week during one of those hot summer days, and we differentiated on our opinion about the wine. When I purchased this wine I was told that it is “delicious and very interesting”, and very unique … it’s made of crab apples grown on the property of the College. Its golden colour speaks to its name and is lovely to look at through the clear bottle it comes in. My friend and I got the same nose of raisins and rusty apples, but we differed completely on our opinion of the taste. She thought the sour-tartness of the wine was refreshing, especially for the summertime; while I found it rancid and off-putting … way too sour to enjoy, no matter what the temperature. So while she continued to drink and enjoy the wine, I moved on to something else. But that got me thinking about something you hear all the time: “if everybody liked the same thing then they’d only make one kind of wine” which obviously they don’t. So, I put this one out to you dear reader, invest the $9.95 for a bottle of this unique wine and let me know what you think. Available at the winery only.

No comments: