Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Jackson-Triggs 2006 Proprietors’ Reserve Sauvignon Blanc - $13.95

I bought this bottle during the intermission of the Philosopher Kings concert at Jackson-Triggs because it was the wine I had sipped on throughout the show. A week later I opened it with some trepidation – worried that I might have had “good-time-wine syndrome” when I bought it: you know the feeling, you have a good time drinking a wine due to your surroundings or the company you were with and the next time you try it you wonder, “did I really like this wine?” – the wine just doesn’t taste the same, in fact it tastes like … well, I’m sure you have your own term. Fortunately, that was not the case, it still had the lemon, grapefruit, nectarine, mineral and hint of cat’s pee on the nose that I had grown to love sitting in my chair at the amphitheatre. A tart lemon start, grapefruit tang n the middle and lime zip at the end in the mouth. Refreshing on yet another summer afternoon … and just for good measure I had the Philosopher Kings playing on the stereo.


No comments: