Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Rosehall Run 2004 Top Barriques Chardonnay- $18.95

Chardonnay has never been a friend of mine, or I of it, I’ve never hidden that fact from anyone (ask to see my ABC membership card – Anything But Chardonnay) … so when I find an interesting Chardonnay I’m the first to scream it from the rooftops. This one, from this Prince Edward County winery, is actually made from 24-year-old vines grown in Niagara; the “top barriques” part, well that just means best barrels. So this best barrels, old vines Chard has got some real character to it. Notes of asparagus, celery, lettuce, pea pods, almonds and over ripe tree fruit on the nose; with vegetal (especially the pea pods), almonds, peach pits and wet stone on the palate. A medium long finish helps it to linger pleasantly in the mouth and your enjoyment of it continues through each swallow. This one is not only an interesting wine, it’s quite tasty too.

No comments: